Thursday, October 1, 2009

Walking a tightrope (aka garbage in, garbage out, rolling dice, etc.)

Thanks to NOAA's Hybrid Single Particle Lagrangian Integrated Trajectory Model, you can take a point in space/time and figure out where that "particle" will blow to.

If you want, you can manipulate the numbers to show anything you'd like them to show. Just varying the start point and altitude leads to these results... Kazakhstan, England, France, or middle of the Atlantic.

Again, these forecasts are approximately as accurate as the weather forecast. Your mileage may vary.







2 comments:

  1. Hey guys, I always get fun following "Ivory cronicles".
    So, let me stop lurking and be more active from the "opposite site" of Atlantic. Today I open my butterfly cage. I hope that will rise the chances for Italy.
    And hopefully there will be not many butterflies out there :-)

    Nice project guys!

    marco gi

    ReplyDelete